Letter of Inquiry
Instruction for Letter of Inquiry (LOI)
- Please limit your LOI to no more than four pages with 1 inch margins and 10 inch font;
- Number and label each section of your LOI to correspond to the narrative guidelines below;
- Include your organization’s name and page number in the footer; and
- Submit LOI to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on June 13, 2013.
Section I: Project Description
- What does your organization view as the biggest opportunity to address the STEM education of children birth to five and their families that you would like to pursue?
- Describe the targeted audience your project will serve.
- What approach will you take to engage your partners and community in the planning phase to help re-think and re-shape your proposal plan?
- How will your project support the LOI goals to increase STEM success for children birth to five or their parents/families in a culturally appropriate way?
- How does this project represent an innovative and/or community-drive approach that is unique to prior efforts to support STEM learning for children and/or families?
- What are the strategies and activities for your project? How many children and/or families do you anticipate serving?
- What results do you expect?
- Describe new partners that your organization would like to build in order to create a successful project?
- What support would you need and want from the Foundation to execute this project?
Section II: Financial Information
The total project budget is intended to cover 6 months of planning efforts and 12 months to execute a project for $35,000. The project should represent a new initiative that advances STEM in a unique and innovative way.
- Please provide a budget narrative on how you might invest the $35,000 over the next 18 months for both planning and executing a project. Include a description of the proposed staffing requirements and material costs.
- Please indicate your organization’s total budget.
Section III: Organization Background
- Who is the contact person for the project? Include the name, address, telephone, and email.
- Please provide the name and address of the 501(c) (3) incorporated entity (nonprofit, governmental agency, tribe) that has agreed to serve as the lead organization or fiscal sponsor for the grant.
- Briefly describe your organization’s history and mission.
- What about your organization positions you to carry out this proposed project effectively?